Silent Conversations

Monday, August 20, 2007

Silent Prayer

She is afraid to let me go. She is afraid of what others will think about her. But this cannot continue for long. I will have to leave her soon. I know parting her means death to me. But still I have to leave coz am not able to see her suffer this way. The more she is holding on to me the more is her heart aching.

I’m not the reason for her sorrow – but am responsible for the pain in her heart. Only I can take the pain away – away with me when I go. But she is not letting me go.

I get this thought suddenly - What am I going to do – part her or desert her? I have been with her so far. Who will be with her after me? I don’t want to leave her alone. I want someone else to take care of her after I leave. I utter a silent prayer for that someone to come soon and take my place.

I decide to leave now no matter how much she tries to hold me back. She sees all her effort go in vain as I come out of her eyes. She is trying to close her eyes and arrest me inside. But I escape her closed eyelids and start rolling down her cheeks.

As I roll down her cheeks I see a hand. No. It’s not her hand. It is someone else’s hand coming to wipe me off her face. I see a reassuring smile and feel a gentle touch. I’m glad my prayer is answered. I rest in peace seeing her lips curve to give birth to a beautiful smile.

Posted by sugi :: 10:23 PM :: 9 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------